Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: May 10, 5PM Snow in Reno

  1. #1
    Inactive Member airboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    May 10, 5PM Snow in Reno

    What's up with that? Usually it's windy with thunderstorms and pretty warmish this time of year. 3620' elevation. Never can tell though.
    Last of the World's Great Human Beings, well maybe one of the last? OK, just an ordinary slacker then.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: May 10, 5PM Snow in Reno

    It is pretty cool in Los Angeles. Usually we get summer like heat in the 80s-90s by now. We also got some wind the afternoon,

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: May 10, 5PM Snow in Reno

    I am not an meteorologist, but I though we are in a El 'nino or La 'nina weather pattern/cycle.

    I do not watch tv much though.......


    -chris

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: May 10, 5PM Snow in Reno

    Come to NY, we have the weather you want. In the last few weeks we've had it all, upper 80's and humid to a crispy dry 23 degrees F yesterday morning. I expect nut and fruit crop losses to be very high as nearly all the trees are leaved and blossoms full, well they were full, most are now frost kill brown.

    It's weather by Sybil here.:doh:
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: May 10, 5PM Snow in Reno

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Come to NY, we have the weather you want. In the last few weeks we've had it all, upper 80's and humid to a crispy dry 23 degrees F yesterday morning. I expect nut and fruit crop losses to be very high as nearly all the trees are leaved and blossoms full, well they were full, most are now frost kill brown.

    It's weather by Sybil here.:doh:
    We had nice weather here in MI, but it's been cold and rainy for about a week or so. We've had some frost reports, but I'm hoping that the fruit trees hadn't really gotten going yet...... it hadn't been all that warm for very long, so we might be safe, but I'm no fruit tree expert either. I just want a good crop this year since the rest of the economy is bad here.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #6
    Inactive Member airboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: May 10, 5PM Snow in Reno

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    We had nice weather here in MI, but it's been cold and rainy for about a week or so. We've had some frost reports, but I'm hoping that the fruit trees hadn't really gotten going yet...... it hadn't been all that warm for very long, so we might be safe, but I'm no fruit tree expert either. I just want a good crop this year since the rest of the economy is bad here.
    You got maple syrup trees around there? Second crop?
    Last of the World's Great Human Beings, well maybe one of the last? OK, just an ordinary slacker then.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: May 10, 5PM Snow in Reno

    Quote Originally Posted by airboss View Post
    You got maple syrup trees around there? Second crop?
    One in the front yard, and two in the back. I've never collected sap or made syrup myself. It's something I wouldn't mind trying sometime.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.